Dr Linda Charles CPsychol, AFBPsS, HCPC Reg
STRUCTURED AND COLLABORATIVE SUPERVISION: S.A.C.S. (Charles, L. 2018)
This form of group supervision shares responsibilities equally.
It works best with between 5-9 participants and takes 45 minutes per session.
There are 3 stages with 3 steps each giving 9 steps in all.
This model supports the development of all participants within each session.
CASE PRESENTATION (15 mins)
1) Roles and Responsibilities: Who is who?
Facilitator, Case Presenter, Co-Supervisors, Scribe
2) Contract: How will we work together?
3) An Initial Q then Case Presentation: What is the work/need? Q as a ‘filter’
CASE EXPLORATION (15 mins)
4) Clarifying Qs & THE Final Q: What is THE Question?
5) Technique Selection: How should the group work with this Q?
6) Group work: to help this P with this Q
CASE CONCLUSION (15 mins)
7) Next Steps: Where do you go from here?
8) Feedback to Facilitator: How did I do?
9) Group Reflection and Review: How did we do?